Tuesday 3 September 2013

Osaze Odemwingie Completes Move To Cardiff

After a hellish eight months, Peter
Odemwingie is finally out of the Hawthorns
and has landed in Wales with Cardiff City.
The Nigerian striker told the Cardiff City
official website that he was partly swayed
to join up with the club because his father-
in-law is a City fan and had only good
words about the club.
"My father-in-law is a City fan and he's
told me what a great club this is,” Odemwingie said after his move.
“It's a fresh start, a whole new beginning. I've joined a club with a strong
determination to achieve their goals.
“Cardiff showed great intent to bring me and I'm delighted to complete my
move to Cardiff City.
“I'm looking forward to this fresh start at a club that is really going places, a
team that's progressing fast.”
He completed his exultant interview by saying: "I've seen a little bit of the
city and I know that my wife and I will really enjoy living in Cardiff. I can't
wait to get started - this move makes me very happy.

He finally completed a move away from West Bromich
Albion,securing a move to Premier League rivals
Cardiff City.
Odemwingie passed his medicals on
Monday,signed a three-year deal with the newly
promoted Cardiff City.
Cardiff are believed to have paid £2.5million for the
32-year old player,who will now be linking up with
the Welsh based team.
The move will bring to an end,Odemwingie’s
travails at West Brom after he was frozen out from
the first team,following his botched transfer move
to Queens Park Rangers in January.
Several other Premier Leagues were in for
Odemwingie,with Stoke City and Swansea very
keen on signing the forward,but he had to settle for
Cardiff City,where he will now be plying his trade.
He would be happy as he gets back unto the pitch to help Cardiff consolidate
their stay in the Premiership, a feat he achieved for West Brom three years
ago with 15 goals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...