Wednesday 27 November 2013

PICTURED: Man Who Stabbed Alleged Homosexual Boss To Death In Lagos For Attempting To Rape Him

via PUNCH:

A 22-year-old man, Eji Emmanuel, stabbed 39-year-old
trader, Sylvanus Okoye to death at his home on
Ezemegbu Drive, Okota in August 2013.
According to Lagos State Police the suspect, explained
that he killed the deceased in self-defence. He alleged
that on the day of the incident, Okoye had attempted to
rape him.

Explaining the events that culminated in Okoye’s death,
the suspect said he was a dancer and was lured to Lagos
by a friend, Chukwudi, under the guise of doing music
business only for the friend to introduce him to
homosexuality.

He said he had gone to report the matter to his friend’s
boss but his friend’s boss raped him twice and he
reported the matter at the FESTAC Police Division. The
suspect said the matter was transferred to the Zone 2
Police Command and the case was turned against him
after which he spent two weeks in detention.

He said he had approached Okoye, who he considered an
Igbo leader in the state, to help him with money to return
to Anambra State when Okoye also attempted to rape
him.

He said:
I went along with a relative to report the matter to
Okoye and he gave my friend and I N5,000 and shirts.
He told us not to worry, so we slept over at his house.
At midnight, Okoye came to my room and attempted to
have sex with me but I refused him.

My relative later told me that Okoye had sex with him in
the parlour that same night. We left in the morning and
returned to Anambra State. From there, I went to Abuja
where I remained for four months. However, one day,
Okoye called me that he had a business deal and
invited me to come to Lagos.
I told Okoye that I would not engage in any act of
homosexuality and he agreed.

The suspect said when he returned to Lagos, the
deceased said he wanted to open a bar in the area and
wanted him to manage the business. He said he passed
the night at the deceased’s home, but at midnight, the
deceased crept into his room and attempted to make love
to him.

According to the suspect:
In the evening, Okoye served me with bread, butter and
tea in my room. Around 3.30am, he crept into my room
and wanted to sleep with me, but I refused him. Okoye
was a big man so he attempted to overpower me, but I
picked up the bread knife that was still left in the room
and stabbed him in the neck, but he did not die.

I picked up a flexible iron and bound it round his neck
and locked him inside the room. When it was 6am, I
stepped out of the house and gave the key to one
woman beside the gate and fled.

It was learnt that following the discovery, the security
guard and the woman whom the suspect handed the key
to were arrested by detectives at the State Criminal
Investigation Department, Yaba.

After three months, detectives were able to locate the
suspect in Anambra State. A police detective said, the
security guard told us that he could identify the suspect if
he saw him.

In the course of investigation, we obtained call logs from
Okoye’s phone and we learnt that the suspect had used
Okoye’s phone to call his girlfriend in Anambra State
shortly after killing Okoye.
We travelled to Anambra State and we were able to locate
the suspect who was even wearing the deceased’s
clothes. The suspect, however, insisted that he was not
a killer but a victim of circumstance.

He said:

My father and my brother are dead. I am the only child
of my mother. Who will take care of her if I am sent to
prison? I am not a homosexual but I was used. I tried
for several months to impregnate my girlfriend but was
not successful. I feel they have stolen my virtues.

Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, confirmed
Emmanuel’s arrest and added that the police were still
working to establish if the victim was a homosexual or
not as alleged by the suspect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...