Wednesday 5 March 2014

THE NIGERIAN HOSPITAL

THE NIGERIAN HOSPITAL – by  Wild Atlantic

I happen to hope to become a future medical entrepreneur, so I decided to carry out this little project using a Private Hospital in located in Amuwo- Odofin Local Government Area of Nigeria.

Appearance: Nigerian Hospitals are separated into different types from my own perspective. The General Hospital, Teaching Hospitals, Private Hospitals and the rest.
The Appearance of some Typical Nigerian Hospitals will make you that were feeling so very fine to suddenly fall ill! Yes It is that bad .

My friend in school sometimes make jest of the Health Centre in School saying “ If you go in there with Headache you might come outside with HIV” funny right I bet It won’t be that funny If that joke becomes true. Nigerians only care about their own surroundings they care less.

We like to make reference to Hospitals abroad that they are so good so this so that. It didn’t just become so it took hard work. I feel if we try to take care of our surroundings enough it will help create a healthy environment.

Doctor to Patient / Nurse to Patient Relationship: Some nurses in Nigerian Hospitals merely looking at them you feel they bear resemblance to a Witch, when they give you injection you will feel as if somebody is giving you acupuncture with a nail and hammer.

Well I can’t blame them Imagine this A nurse who had a rough time growing up managed to get a “certificate” in Nursing Practice maybe along the line got pregnant .Imagine the pressure from the “Nigerian Parent “I don’t want to start talking about the Nigerian Parent I can use over 50 pages to talk about them just sharing experiences from just 2 friends. Back to topic Imagine a nurse trying to make ends meet for her family kept believing that “ e go beta” clocks 50 and is still at the level she was how do you think she would treat the world.

I believe this is where the Government/employer needs to step in If the salary is increased and there are nice retirement packages “ogbonge ones ooo” the nurse may treat the patient better. I stand to be corrected in a general Hospital a nurse salary is within 60-80 thousand Naira per month Look at this situation:

Transport: Roughly around N6, 000

School Fees: Imagine If Nurse Abigail has 2 kids 3terms x 35,000= 105,000 x2 = 210,000

I have just mentioned school Fees alone Imagine what that would do to the salary alone Let’s be realistic here The Nigerian Nurse will dress you, bathe you, answer you when you say here and there is paining you , manage your “business” for you takes good care of you “Body no be firewood ” The work is not easy That’s just the way I feel. That of the Doctor the same logic applies where required.

Accounting: A private Hospital is the worst place to go to in times of emergency you would hear a scenario like “ Oga go and bring a deposit of 200,000 naira or else we won’t operate on your daughter” Chai that is very bad Nigerians fail to make use of Medical Insurance In Nigerian today we have this HMO’S all over but then again how does the Hospital come about this expensive amount they issue to patients I know Mr. Doctor you need this money but show some sympathy This accounting brings me to this part I would like to share HMO’S: Pay attention here oooooooo Health Management Operators they are here in Nigeria I must say and I feel they are failing as a group .

The way they work is simply helping the common man get easy access to Health care Facilities .The common man pays a certain amount of money maybe every 3 months, every 6months as the plan maybe then REMEMBER he pays the money only once and whenever he goes to the Hospital he may not pay at all the HMO pays for all the expenses. This is what is practiced abroad HEALTH INSURANCE SAVES LIVES .

I must warn you the HMO’S in Nigeria are trying in their little way but before subscribing to anyone make sure you review what each plan covers ranging from GOLD ,BRONZE ,SILVER in that order.

Life is Simple Nigerians no need to suffer unnecessarily for those of you guys who usually go and pay close to N10, 000 6 times a year for malaria treatment why not save yourself over N30, 000 that can be used for something else I can recommend the following to you guys: THT, CLEARLINE, HYGEIA etc They are now more than this currently in Nigeria Banks are using this to cut cost, Big Companies with Large staff Know How much this plan saves them yearly.

Conclusion: The Nigerian Hospital is filled with drama, agony, sorrow. The Nigerian Hospital may have healed you, but what are you doing in return?

I did not cover all areas I wished to cover but bear with me you can write me back on this mail I would really appreciate  @ trendperchglobal@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...